DISCIPLESHIP TRAINING SCHOOL
During this 11-month internship, you will receive teaching from a Discipleship Training School and a School of Supernatural Frontier Missions. You will also get to go on 2 different outreaches focused on 9 specific regions in the 1040 window. This expedition is the perfect launchpad into missions, whether in YWAM or any other ministry.
Discipleship Training School
The Discipleship Training School (DTS) is the foundation for all University of the Nations curriculum. The course consists of a 12 week lecture phase designed to build and solidify each students identity in Christ and is followed by a 8 week outreach to the 1040 window.
School of Supernatural Frontier Missions
The School of Supernatural Frontier Missions (SFM) is a 12 week secondary school designed to equip students with the tools and resources to be effective as leaders in a missions environment and also provides insight and focus on doing ministry in the 1040 window.
|Winter: January 6 – November 20||Winter: January 5 – November 19|
|Spring: April 7 – February 20 (2020)||Spring: April 5- February 18 (2021)|
|Summer: June 30 – May 28 (2020)||Summer: June 28 – May 27 (2021) (tentative end date)|
|Fall: September 29 – August 27 (2020)||Fall: September 27 – August 26 (2021) (tentative end date)|
Cost: $16,995 with a $120 book fee for Tuition and Outreach costs
Tuition includes: Food, housing and activities during the school.
You will need to provide for your own personal care items, laundry, extra activities, and personal snacks.
- The $40 application fee is not included in this price.
- All checks will incur a $3 processing fee.
- All online payments incur a 3.5% processing fee.
For parents bringing children under 17 years of age
- Their living expenses will be $325 per quarter. Children 0-3 will be free as long as they are staying in the same room as their parent/guardian.
- If accompanying you on Outreach, their fees will be $1000. Children 0-3 will only be charged the cost of the flight(s) if the airline charges for their age.
For parents needing childcare during lecture phase
- We recommend that you bring a personal nanny, this is the easiest and most effective option. Housing and food for an accompanying nanny will be $900 for the duration of the lecture phase
- If that is not a possibility, we do have childcare available for $975 for the duration of lecture phase
- If you choose to utilize our child care, we will provide a caring babysitter for class times, as well as during other required community activities (such as small groups, meetings etc.). We ask that mothers look after their children from 3-5pm daily for their community responsibility time while the father serves on base.
In YWAM we have a strong culture of depending upon the Lord for provision. We are convinced that if God gives the call, He will provide the means for us to move. We encourage you to pray about how to partner with others in raising support, knowing that it is ultimately up to the Lord to provide the way for the mission He is calling you to!
Check out our blog series on the “why” and “how” of fundraising HERE.
If you have any questions or concerns about support raising please feel free to contact us!
We value community living,and we seek to follow the New Testament church, as a family united in heart and purpose. We live, eat, explore, and do life together, on and off-base. Expect lifelong friendships and memories from living life together.
Check out our new blog post! 6 Perks of YWAM community
We will provide pickup and transportation when you fly into Redding Municipal Airport. If you are traveling from outside the US and prefer to fly into San Francisco, please contact us about other potential transportation methods. Our school registrar will inform you of times to book your tickets.