SCHOOL OF ISLAMIC STUDIES
Our hearts burn to take the Gospel to the Muslim World.
The School of Islamic Studies is an answer to our desire to see revival break out. Statistically there are 1.5 Billion Muslims, which is over 20% of the world’s population, and only one missionary for every 555,000 individuals in this group. That makes this the largest unreached people group in the world.
In this school you will learn more about the religion of Islam, the culture and worldview that these people live in, and apologetic and evangelistic tools to help you more effectively convey the Gospel and bring the power of God’s love into the Muslim World.
The Great Commission
The School of Islamic Studies was designed to raise up leaders who are equipped to effectively reach the Muslim world. This school will teach you how to share the Gospel across cultures; to begin to understand Muslim history, values, and world view. Our desire is to launch you into full time missions knowing how to begin the process of pioneering DTS’s, Churches, and other new ministries within Muslim culture. A large focus of our school is not only learning about Islam, but gaining wisdom about how to create a sustainable ministry that will last for years to come. Our hope is that through both this school and our optional outreaches your heart will burn as Christ’s does, and that you will be launched into successful long-term missions as we help you develop a plan to impact the nation on your heart.
Fulfill The Great Commission
After your lecture phase, you will be prepared to embark on the mission to “make disciples of all nations” and “preach the Gospel to all creation.” After SIS, you will take part in a mandatory two week stateside outreach or the option of two months overseas. These short-term outreaches will further prepare you to partner with the Holy Spirit to minister to Muslims around the world. You will learn to walk in power, wisdom, and the authority that has been given to us in Christ to see many saved, healed, and delivered as they encounter Jesus. Some details of these outreach opportunities can be found below and more will be given to you during your lecture phase. Wherever God may be calling you, this school will give you practical tools for leadership and making an impact for the Kingdom of God.
|Fall: September 27 – December 16*||Fall: September 27 – December 17*|
*2-week or 2-month outreach will begin following these dates
Cost: $2,995 plus a book fee of $60
- The $40 application fee is not included in this price.
- All checks will incur a 5% processing fee.
- All online payments incur a 5% processing fee.
Tuition includes: Food, housing and activities during the school.
You will need to provide for your own personal care items, laundry, extra activities, and personal snacks.
The school is followed by a 2-week mandatory stateside outreach with the option of doing a 2-month outreach instead. Exact details of these outreach opportunities will be announced toward the beginning of your lecture phase.
Outreach Phase Cost: The 2-week stateside outreach will cost approximately $500. If you choose to do a 2-month outreach instead the cost will range from about ($2,500-$3,995), depending on the nation. All outreach locations will be announced at the end of the first week of the lecture phase.
(This covers food and accommodations.)
Half of your fees will be due Week 6 of your school and the remaining half will be due Week 8.
For spouses seeking to audit YWAM classes:
- $500 plus $325 a month for housing
For parents bringing children under 18 years of age:
- Children 0-3 will be free as long as they are staying in the same room as their parent/guardian.
- It will be $1500/quarter for an additional room for children (regardless of the number of children) if they live in a room that is not with their parents.
- If accompanying you on Outreach, their fees will vary by age.
- Ages newborn-2: will be approximately ¼ of the total outreach fees
- Ages 3-17: will be approximately ½ of the total outreach fees
For parents needing childcare during lecture phase
- We recommend that you bring a personal nanny, this is the easiest and most effective option. Housing and food for an accompanying nanny will be $900 for the duration of the lecture phase
- If that is not a possibility, we do have childcare available for $975 for the duration of lecture phase
- If you choose to utilize our child care, we will provide a caring babysitter for class times, as well as during other required community activities (such as small groups, meetings etc.). We ask that mothers look after their children from 3-5pm daily for their community responsibility time while the father serves on base.
In YWAM we have a strong culture of depending upon the Lord for provision. We are convinced that if God gives the call, He will provide the means for us to move. We encourage you to pray about how to partner with others in raising support, knowing that it is ultimately up to the Lord to provide the way for the mission He is calling you to!
Check out our blog series on the “why” and “how” of fundraising HERE.
If you have any questions or concerns about support raising please feel free to contact us!
During this school you will have the opportunity to learn Farsi, Arabic, or Turkish to help prepare you for the field. Feel free to begin digging in to the basics before you get here!
We value community living,and we seek to follow the New Testament church, as a family united in heart and purpose. We live, eat, explore, and do life together, on and off-base. Expect lifelong friendships and memories from living life together.
Want to know more information about what living in YWAM Redding community is like? Click HERE to read our blog titled 6 Tips of Living in YWAM Community!
We will provide pickup and transportation when you fly into Redding Municipal Airport. If you are traveling from outside the US and prefer to fly into San Francisco, please contact us about option. Our school registrar will inform you of times to book your tickets.
Have A Question?
Fill out the form below to contact our registrar for help!