SCHOOL OF INTERCESSORY PRAYER
The School of Intercessory Prayer is an invitation extended to you from the father.
Prayer and worship are two big foundations of our base. In the School of Intercessory Prayer (SOIP) you can expect to learn and participate in worship and intercession daily. Using Jesus as the perfect model, you will be taught and equipped to pray as Jesus prayed and how He taught His disciples to pray. Come learn how to partner with what God is doing and effect change in some of the hardest places in the world.
Fulfill The Great Commission
After your lecture phase, you will be prepared to embark on the mission to “make disciples of all nations” and “preach the Gospel to all creation.” After SOIP, you will take part in a mandatory 2 week stateside outreach with our base or have the option of being a part of a 2 month outreach. These outreaches will help you explore the depths of your heart for the lost and for the countries and people that the Lord is calling you too. Wherever God may be calling you, this school will give you practical tools for leadership and making an impact for the Kingdom of God.
|Summer: June 28 – September 18th*||Summer: June 27th – September 17th*|
*2-week or 2-month outreach following these dates
Lecture Phase Room and Board: $2,995 with a $60 book fee
- The $40 application fee is not included in this price.
- A $500 deposit will need to be paid prior to the start of your school. This down payment will be taken off the above lecture phase costs once it is paid.
- Any remaining cost not paid prior to arrival with be due upon arrival to your DTS
- All checks will incur a $3 processing fee.
- All online payments incur a 5% processing fee.
All of your breakfasts, lunches, and dinners will be provided, as well as transportation to and from school related activities. You are responsible for covering personal costs such as laundry, extra activities, and personal snacks. These are not included in the overall cost.
The school is followed by a 2-week mandatory stateside outreach with the option of doing a 2-month outreach instead. Exact details of these outreach opportunities will be announced toward the beginning of your lecture phase.
Outreach Phase Cost: The 2-week stateside outreach will cost approximately $500. If you choose to do a 2-month outreach instead the cost will range from about ($2,500-$3,995), depending on the nation. All outreach locations will be announced at the end of the first week of the lecture phase.
(This covers food and accommodations.)
Half of your fees will be due Week 6 of your school and the remaining half will be due Week 8.
Families living off base will pay $2,395 per student for their lecture phase.
For spouses seeking to audit YWAM classes:
- $500 plus $325 a month for housing
For parents bringing children under 18 years of age:
- Children 0-3 will be free as long as they are staying in the same room as their parent/guardian.
- It will be $1500/quarter for an additional room for children (regardless of the number of children) if they live in a room that is not with their parents.
- If accompanying you on Outreach, their fees will vary by age.
- Ages newborn-2: will be approximately ¼ of the total outreach fees
- Ages 3-17: will be approximately ½ of the total outreach fees
For parents needing childcare during lecture phase
- We recommend that you bring a personal nanny, this is the easiest and most effective option. Housing and food for an accompanying nanny will be $900 for the duration of the lecture phase
- If that is not a possibility, we do have childcare available for $975 for the duration of lecture phase
- If you choose to utilize our child care, we will provide a caring babysitter for class times, as well as during other required community activities (such as small groups, meetings etc.). We ask that mothers look after their children from 3-5pm daily for their community responsibility time while the father serves on base.
In YWAM we have a strong culture of depending upon the Lord for provision. We are convinced that if God gives the call, He will provide the means for us to move. We encourage you to pray about how to partner with others in raising support, knowing that it is ultimately up to the Lord to provide the way for the mission He is calling you to!
Check out our blog series on the “why” and “how” of fundraising HERE.
If you have any questions or concerns about support raising please feel free to contact us!
We value community living, and we seek to follow the New Testament church, as a family united in heart and purpose. We live, eat, explore, and do life together, on and off-base. Expect lifelong friendships and memories from living life together.
Want to know more information about what living in YWAM Redding community is like? Click HERE to read our blog titled 6 Tips of Living in YWAM Community!
We will provide pickup and transportation when you fly into Redding Municipal Airport. If you are traveling from outside the US and prefer to fly into San Francisco, please contact us about other potential transportation methods. Our school registrar will inform you of times to book your tickets.