JUSTICE AND MERCY DTS
What is a YWAM DTS?
Discipleship Training School (DTS) is a five month program that inspires students to have radical faith as they encounter God and learn to make Him known.
For the past 40+ years, YWAM DTSs have existed to help individuals develop a personal, intimate relationship with God, so they can make Him known in the nations. Students will learn to walk in their identity in Christ, as well as how to share the hope of Jesus with the lost.
Our Justice and Mercy DTS will give you a place to discover your God given passions, as well as the part you were made to play in God’s divine purposes. Our heart is for you to:
- Learn and experience the joy that it brings to love and serve the broken, marginalised, the outcasts, the lost and the sick.
- See these people through the Father’s eyes, and know how to share with them not only the gospel but their value, identity and worth.
- Experience compassion go from head knowledge to heart knowledge so that it flows naturally out of the students hearts and into their hands.
- Recognise that even though God is healer, he gives us skills and tools to go out and do it.
Lecture Phase of the DTS is filled with new discoveries about yourself, God, and His world. Each week, a new eye-opening topic will be taught that you can explore in a safe and open community.
Times of personal devotion and corporate pursuit of God will give you even more opportunity to encounter His presence, and learn the lessons He is longing to teach you. The Justice and Mercy DTS is meant to provoke, challenge, and encourage you to grow in your faith and compassion towards others.
Jesus is the greatest example of compassion. He showed mercy and justice. He combined loving your neighbour with healing and sharing the gospel. Jesus always felt compassion and then followed it with an action. Come learn what it looks like to bring the Kingdom to Earth and risk it all for Christ!
Outreach Phase of the DTS focuses on applying what you’ve learned during Lecture Phase through a 2 month cross cultural experience. This time will provide opportunities to boldly evangelize, pray and worship over the people and nation and care for the broken, outcasts, lost and the sick. You will also get to invite those you meet into a loving relationship with the One who created them, through serving and sharing your own testimony of Jesus in your life. The mission is to take Christ’s message of hope around the world, bringing restoration, value and life to many.
|Fall: September 27 – February 18, 2021||Fall: September 26 – February 17, 2022|
Lecture Phase Room and Board: $2,995 with a $60 book fee
- The $40 application fee is not included in this price.
- A $500 deposit will need to be paid prior to the start of your school. This down payment will be taken off the above lecture phase costs once it is paid.
- Any remaining cost not paid prior to arrival with be due upon arrival to your DTS
- All checks will incur a $3 processing fee.
- All online payments incur a 5% processing fee.
There will also be an additional cost of $200 to cover special trainings over an above the normal school costs.
All of your breakfasts, lunches, and dinners will be provided, as well as transportation to and from school related activities. You are responsible for covering personal costs such as laundry, extra activities, and personal snacks. These are not included in the overall cost.
Outreach Phase Cost:
There are many possible nations where we may send an outreach, and locations are prayerfully chosen for each school. Since so much can vary depending on location, final outreach costs will be announced within the Lecture Phase. Typically price ranges from about $2,500-$3,995, so please prepare for this.
These fees will cover your flights, housing, food, transportation, and other ministry expenses. We recommend students bring personal spending money for additional snacks, souvenirs, and down-time activities.
Families living off base will pay $2,395 per student for their lecture phase.
For spouses seeking to audit YWAM classes:
- $500 plus $325 a month for housing
For parents bringing children under 18 years of age:
- Children 0-3 will be free as long as they are staying in the same room as their parent/guardian.
- It will be $1500/quarter for an additional room for children (regardless of the number of children) if they live in a room that is not with their parents.
- If accompanying you on Outreach, their fees will vary by age.
- Ages newborn-2: will be approximately ¼ of the total outreach fees
- Ages 3-17: will be approximately ½ of the total outreach fees
For parents needing childcare during lecture phase
- We recommend that you bring a personal nanny, this is the easiest and most effective option. Housing and food for an accompanying nanny will be $900 for the duration of the lecture phase
- If that is not a possibility, we do have childcare available for $975 for the duration of lecture phase
- If you choose to utilize our child care, we will provide a caring babysitter for class times, as well as during other required community activities (such as small groups, meetings etc.). We ask that mothers look after their children from 3-5pm daily for their community responsibility time while the father serves on base.
In YWAM we have a strong culture of depending upon the Lord for provision. We are convinced that if God gives the call, He will provide the means for us to move. We encourage you to pray about how to partner with others in raising support, knowing that it is ultimately up to the Lord to provide the way for the mission He is calling you to!
Check out our blog series on the “why” and “how” of fundraising HERE.
If you have any questions or concerns about support raising please feel free to contact us!
We value community living, and we seek to follow the New Testament church, as a family united in heart and purpose. We live, eat, explore, and do life together, on and off-base. Expect lifelong friendships and memories from living life together.
Want to know more information about what living in YWAM Redding community is like? Click HERE to read our blog titled 6 Tips of Living in YWAM Community!
We will provide pickup and transportation when you fly into Redding Municipal Airport. If you are traveling from outside the US and prefer to fly into San Francisco, please contact us about other potential transportation methods. Our school registrar will inform you of times to book your tickets.
Have A Question?
Fill out the form below to contact our registrar for help!