ENCOUNTER DISCIPLESHIP TRAINING SCHOOL
What is a YWAM DTS?
Discipleship Training School (DTS) is a five month program that inspires students to have radical faith as they encounter God and learn to make Him known.
For the past 40+ years, YWAM DTSs have existed to help individuals develop a personal, intimate relationship with God, so they can make Him known in the nations. Students will learn to walk in their identity in Christ, as well as how to share the hope of Jesus with the lost.
Our Encounter DTS will give you a place to discover your God given passions, as well as the part you were made to play in God’s divine purposes. DTS is for anyone who longs to follow Jesus and give Him everything they are. Come see Jesus, yourself, and the world with Christ’s perspective.
Lecture Phase of the DTS is filled with new discoveries about yourself, God, and His world. Weekly teachings give you a biblical foundation to understand who God is, who we are in Christ, and what it means to be His disciples. Each week, a new eye-opening topic will be taught that you can explore in a safe and open community. Times of personal devotion and corporate pursuit of God will give you even more opportunity to encounter His presence, and learn the lessons He is longing to teach you. The DTS Lecture Phase is meant to provoke, challenge, and encourage you to grow in your faith and deepen your friendship with God. Come learn to discern the supernatural ways of the Kingdom and risk it all for Christ!
Outreach Phase of the DTS focuses on applying what you’ve learned during Lecture Phase through a 2 month cross cultural experience. This time will provide opportunities to boldly evangelize, encourage the local church and persecuted believers, and pray and worship over the nation. Share the testimonies of how Jesus has changed your life as you invite the lost into the same loving relationship with the Father. The mission is to take Christ’s message of hope around the world, bringing restoration and life to many.
A track is an additional focus within your Encounter DTS designed to connect you with people of similar passions and to inspire the call within.
Tracks are entirely optional. Regardless of track choice all students will remain together for regular DTS lectures. Tracks meet one night per week for special activities and teachings, and will take part in a “Track Week” planned by your track leader. If you decide to opt out of tracks you will have this night each week free and will serve as a mission builder during the Track Week.
Ministry to Muslims Track
Young and Married Track
Rise: Worship Track
|Winter: January 5 – May 28||Winter: January 4 – May 27|
|Spring: May 4 – September 24||Spring: April 5 – August 26|
|Summer: June 28 – November 19||Summer: June 28 – November 18|
|Fall: September 27 – February 18, 2021||Fall: September 27 – February 17, 2022|
Lecture Phase Room and Board: $2,995 with a $60 book fee
- The $40 application fee is not included in this price.
- A $500 deposit will need to be paid prior to the start of your school. This down payment will be taken off the above lecture phase costs once it is paid. Any remaining cost not paid prior to arrival with be due upon arrival to your DTS.
- All checks will incur a 5% processing fee.
- All online payments incur a 5% processing fee.
Tracks are optional and cost an additional $200 if chosen. See Track Focuses and the seasons in which they run above.
All of your breakfasts, lunches, and dinners will be provided, as well as transportation to and from school related activities. You are responsible for covering personal costs such as laundry, extra activities, and personal snacks. These are not included in the overall cost.
Outreach Phase Cost:
There are many possible nations where we may send an outreach, and locations are prayerfully chosen for each school. Since so much can vary depending on location, final outreach costs will be announced within the Lecture Phase. Typically price ranges from about $2,500-$5,000, so please prepare for this.
These fees will cover your flights, housing, food, transportation, and other ministry expenses. We recommend students bring personal spending money for additional snacks, souvenirs, and down-time activities.
Quench your thirst for adventure as you travel to up to 4 different nations and experience unique cultures while bringing the gospel and the love of Christ to the lost. The final portion of your Lecture Phase will be spent in the nations for an extended outreach experience.
This outreach will be between $5,000 and $6,000:
Please note that $2,500 of this will be due in the second week of your Lecture Phase.
In YWAM we have a strong culture of depending upon the Lord for provision. We are convinced that if God gives the call, He will provide the means for us to move. We encourage you to pray about how to partner with others in raising support, knowing that it is ultimately up to the Lord to provide the way for the mission He is calling you to!
Check out our blog series on the “why” and “how” of fundraising HERE.
If you have any questions or concerns about support raising please feel free to contact us!
We value community living, and we seek to follow the New Testament church, as a family united in heart and purpose. We live, eat, explore, and do life together, on and off-base. Expect lifelong friendships and memories from living life together.
Want to know more information about what living in YWAM Redding community is like? Click HERE to read our blog titled 6 Tips of Living in YWAM Community!
Families living off base will pay $2,395 per student for their lecture phase.
For spouses seeking to audit YWAM classes:
- $500 plus $325 a month for housing
For parents bringing children under 18 years of age:
- Children 0-3 will be free as long as they are staying in the same room as their parent/guardian.
- It will be $1500/quarter for an additional room for children (regardless of the number of children) if they live in a room that is not with their parents.
- If accompanying you on Outreach, their fees will vary by age.
- Ages newborn-2: will be approximately ¼ of the total outreach fees
- Ages 3-17: will be approximately ½ of the total outreach fees
For parents needing childcare during lecture phase
- We recommend that you bring a personal nanny, this is the easiest and most effective option. Housing and food for an accompanying nanny will be $900 for the duration of the lecture phase
- If that is not a possibility, we do have childcare available for $975 for the duration of lecture phase
- If you choose to utilize our child care, we will provide a caring babysitter for class times, as well as during other required community activities (such as small groups, meetings etc.). We ask that mothers look after their children from 3-5pm daily for their community responsibility time while the father serves on base.
We will provide pickup and transportation when you fly into Redding Municipal Airport. If you are traveling from outside the US and prefer to fly into San Francisco, please contact us about other potential transportation methods. Our school registrar will inform you of times to book your tickets.
Have A Question?
Fill out the form below to contact our registrar for help!